Rules and Regulations
1. Eligibility: The competition is open to individuals in Hong Kong, Macao and Mainland China. Eligibility is subject to these Rules & Regulations and Terms & Conditions.
2. Entry period: Entries will be accepted from 1st July 2022 at 00:00 Hong Kong time to 29th July at 23:59 Hong Kong time (“the Entry Period”). Entries submitted before and after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
3. How to Enter: The competition must be entered by submitting an entry form using the online form provided at [to be announced]. The entry must fulfil all requirements of the competition, as specified, to be eligible to advance and be considered for and to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the competition may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Metaplayers Limited and Major Player Limited (the “Organizers”). You must provide the information required if you wish to compete. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the competition, your entry may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Organizers.
4. Criteria: The selection criteria for winners is based on their demonstrations of their mixing techniques as displayed in their submission videos.
5. Technical Requirements: All contestants will be required to use a VR head set with the Tribe XR application installed and a Tribe Plus subscription to compete in the competition. The VR head set, Tribe XR application and Tribe Plus subscription will not be provided to contestants and all contestants are responsible for obtaining their own VR head set, Tribe XR application and Tribe Plus subscription for use in the competition.
6. Required Information: Each contestant will be required to provide personal information, including but not limited to, their (1) name; (2) age; (3) gender; (4) country of residence; (5) email; (6) mobile phone number, (7) a photograph or short video with an introduction of themselves; (8) information on whether they have any commitment(s) to any contracts with any record labels/management.
7. Avatar Selection: Each contestant will be required to create and set-up their own Ready Player Me avatar. The submitted video must show the created avatar demonstrating the mixing. The Organizers reserve the right to require contestants to modify their avatar without any reason(s) provided at any stage of the competition, failing which the contestant may be disqualified from the competition.
8. First Round of Competition: Contestants will be required to include in their mix one of two songs provided by the Organizers: “Metaverse” or “Stay With Me Tonight”. The contestants will be required to record a video of their mix on the Tribe XR application and provide a link for the Organizers to download it. The maximum duration of each video entry in the first round is 10 minutes. Each contestant may only submit one video entry for the first round.
9. Final Round of Competition: The Organizers will select 8 video submissions for advancement of certain contestants to a final round involving public voting and official judging. The video submissions will be uploaded to social media for audience viewing.
10. Tutorial: A tutorial video will be posted and participants should follow the directions stated in the video to create their avatar, record their video and carry out other aspects of the competition.
11. Winners: From the 8 finalists, there will be 3 contest winners selected by the Organizers, taking into consideration, but not being restricted by, the results of the public voting. Selection of the 3 contest winners and their rankings will be at the full and sole discretion of the Organizers.
12. Winners Prizes: The contest winners (3) selected by the Organizers will:
Win a cash prize and equipment as referred to in the Terms & Conditions;
Be considered for a DJ management contract as referred to in the Terms & Conditions
13. Judges: Panel of judges include:
Alvin Wang from Metaplayers/Major Player DJ iLtik
14. Acceptance of Related Terms: You must abide by these Rules & Regulations and Terms & Conditions, as well as TribeXR Terms of Service, “Viewable at: https://www.tribexr.com/terms-of-service”
15. Acceptance of Organizers’ Discretion: By entering the competition, you agree to comply with and abide by these Rules & Regulations and the decisions of the Organizers, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements to enter the competition. In addition, you agree to accept the Organizers’ decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this competition. Contestants should look solely to the Organizers with any questions, comments or issues related to the competition.
16. Consequence of Breach: Breach by any contestant of these Rules & Regulations will result in the disqualification of the contestant from the competition and/or ban of attendance at any event. The Organizers reserve the ultimate right to disqualify any contestant from participation in the competition and in consequence from being selected for prizes and/or other benefits at its free will.